The original Commodore John Barry Elementary School was demolished in order to accommodate the new school on the same site. The new four store, 94,415 SF facility serves an enrollment of 646 students, grades pre-k through 8. Challenges to the construction team on this included a tight location in a thriving neighborhood, bounded on all sides by rowhomes.
With respect to “state of the art” systems. The project called for two hi efficiency oil-free magnetic bearing chillers with variable speed chilled and condenser water pumping., TROX displacement classroom ventilation - that more efficiently conditions the room while effectively removes pollutants over typical systems; and a rainwater harvesting and storage facility complete with ionization disinfection that delivered non-potable water for water closet and urinal flushing as well as irrigation. Commodore Barry Elementary achieved a LEED Gold Certificate by the USGBC.
- Commodore Barry Elementary School
- Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Contract Value: $5,400,000
- Duration: 2 Years
- Proven track record delivering on LEED promises
- Proven track record working with specialized educational facilities
- Proven experience with turnkey integrated systems and controls
- Proven ability to work with high expectation Owners and Designers