This Historic Landmark built circa 1920 was at one time the largest venue of it’s kind in the world. The 100,000 square foot, ninety foot high structure was renovated and recommissioned by Live Nation as a multifunction and concert venue. Devine Brothers was contracted to perform Design-Build/Assist functions for both the Plumbing and HVAC services.
The major challenge that faced Devine Brothers and the entire Project Team was how to install all the necessary new utilities throughout the building which comprised of two foot thick walls and floors of brick and concrete encased steel without being exposed or compromising the original architectural facades as mandated by the historical commission.
The plumbing systems comprised of new water and gas services, sewage ejectors, dewatering pumps, a full service kitchen and 15 Bars throughout four floors. Our detailers and designers and installers cleverly concealed all the piping to the equipment within the old plaster walls and ceilings and even camouflaged some between the acoustic treatments. ProPress technology enabled working in tight spaces and eliminated all hot work requirements.
- Philadelphia Metropolitan Opera House
- Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Contract Value: $4,000,000
- Duration: 2 Years
- Proven commitment to Historical Preservation and the associated technical proficiency
- Proven track record working with specialized systems and construction techniques
- Proven experience with turnkey integrated systems and controls
- Proven ability to work with high expectation Owners and Designers