Devine Brothers, Inc. was contracted to install two (2) Methane Fired Generators at the South East Chester County Refuse Authority (SECCRA).
The Project was performed as a renewable source of energy. In the past the refuse Authority use to remove and burn the methane which was a byproduct of decomposing organic vegetation. This flammable gas was a hazard to the refuse authority and the methane was a waste of flaring a renewable energy source.
SECCRA designed a system which collected the methane that was built up under the surface. The methane was dewatered and compressed as a fuel source to power (2) engines/generators which provide electricity to sold back into the electrical grid. The project solved many existing environmental problems and provided a source of revenue for the Waste Authority.
Devine Brothers, Inc. installed the following on this project:
- Two (2) Methane Fired Engine/Generator Sets
- Two (2) Cooling System for Generator Sets
- Two (2) Exhaust Systems
- Two (2) Combustion Air Fans in Generator Building
- Provide interconnecting Piping for all Systems Serving the Generator
- SECCRA Methane Fired Generators
- Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Contract Value: $
- Proven commitment to Sustainable design and energy conservation
- Proven track record working with gas turbine CoGen systems
- Proven experience with turnkey integrated systems and controls